Overlooking the historic capital St. Georges and designed to reflect the traditional Creole architecture, Camper & Nicholsons Port Louis Marina has transformed Grenada’s yachting facilities and acts as the doorway to explore this fantastic island and the beauty of the nearby Grenadines.
The marina is a haven for superyachts and yachts throughout the year.
The newly refurbish marina is now ready and open for the Caribbean season, welcoming yachts from 10m-90m throughout the year. Designed to CAT II hurricane standard, the new marina has received specialist design to ensure the utmost in safety and security of vessels during the hurricane season. Port Louis Marina remains a hub of superyacht and yachting activity throughout the Caribbean Season.
Charlotte Bonin, Marketing Manager at Port Louis Marina comments,
“We are super excited to start this season with the newly completed berthing infrastructure at our marina. The team and I are super proud to be able to offer extensive berthing for new and existing customers. We very much look forward to welcoming everyone!”
What's On this Season:
- Boat Shows – if you are attending either the BVI Yacht Charter Show or the Antigua Charter Yacht Show this season, be sure to be in touch and meet with Joel. He will be at the show eager to meet with Captains, Crew, Boat Owners, Industry friends and press during his time.
- RORC, 23rd November, – the infamous transatlantic race will depart from Lanzarote on 23rd November , with the finish at Port Louis Marina. Welcome the yachts in to the marina, and see the Captains and Crew be welcomed in to the marina.
- The New Years Eve Party, 31st December, – this party is a fixture in the islands part scene and a delighted for everyone on the island to enjoy. Hosted by The Victory Bar & Restaurant at Port Louis Marina be sure to book your tickets in advance.
- Grenada Sailing Week, 25th January – 31st January 2020, – Port Louis Marina will be one of the main venues for the duration of this 5 day sailing week, actively encouraging the sailing yachts in the week to use the exceptional facilities within the marina, and explore the Grenadines and afar.
- Billfish Tournament, 26th to 30th January 2020 – this premier fishing event is held over five days and attracts Anglers from across the Caribbean. Enjoy watching the angling tournament commence from your berth at Port Louis Marina.
Cruising The Grenadines:
Cruising the Grenadines from Port Louis Marina be sure to visit Carriacou, for first class beaches including Paradise Beach and Anse Le Roche surrounded by coral reefs just offshore. With plenty going on once the sun goes down, the Carnival in Carriacou is not to be missed. The Big Drum Dance is an ancestral dance performed on special occasions and accompanied by plenty of rum – and the Carriacou Maroon and String Band festival, is a full-on celebration of drumming, dancing and smoked foods.
A year-round tropical climate makes Grenada a perfect dive destination, with some of the best diving spots, including the world’s first Underwater Sculpture Park, the Bianca C Shipwreck, and Flamingo Bay.
Grenada is also the gateway to the unspoiled cruising grounds of the Grenadines, which promises some of the best sailing anywhere in the Caribbean. 7 or 10 day charter plans can make for a truly memorable adventure allowing you time to enjoy of what sailing the Grenadines has to offer, including anchoring amongst local fishing boats, breakfast on Sandy Island, drop anchor in Salt Whistle Bay on Mayreau for the night and continue your adventure to include swimming with snorkelling the reef, swimming with turtles at the Tobago Cays.
Making an unforgettable night, enjoy a BBQ under the stars at Chatham Bay, and either relax for a further night at Petit Martinique, or sail back to Grenada making a stop off at the stunning underwater sculpture park in Grand Mal Bay. A 10 day charter could allow you further time to extend your charter experience to include a few days in St. Lucia and moor alongside the famous Pitons. Or, head to Marigot Bay, stopping at Wallilabou in St. Vincent to explore one of the filming sites of Pirates of the Caribbean!
To book a berth this season at Port Louis Marina, click here.