Located at the heart of the Yas Marina Formula 1 circuit, this high profile facility was built by Aldar Marinas under the ownership of the Abu Dhabi Executive Affairs Authority.
Camper & Nicholsons Marinas was asked to perform a full operational audit, which was conducted by senior personnel from all departments, involving a series of site visits followed by the submission of a detailed report.
The Abu Dhabi Executive Affairs Authority subsequently appointed Camper & Nicholsons Marinas for the full operational term management of Yas Marina.
- Greater operational efficiencies introduced
- Improved management systems and protocols
- Increased and diversified sales & marketing through C&N’s international network
- Year on year increases in occupancy
- First marina worldwide capable of providing 1,000 amperes 3 phase shore power
Capital cost and financial implications:
- Expansion of facilities in 2013 developed in a considered manner with a reduction in GFA for the marina service functions
- New marina berths added at 60% of the original development costs
For a list of our current and recent marina planning, design, consultancy, development projects around the world, click here.
Case Study – Grand Harbour Marina
A complete renewal of a derelict waterfront in a historical setting
Case Study – Limassol Marina
Integrated a 520 berth marina with a shoreside commercial zone that redefined the city waterfront
Case Study – Port Louis Marina
Transformed a wreck-strewn lagoon into the south Caribbean’s finest marina
Case Study – St Katharine Docks
Flexible berth layout provides a maritime centre for international events based in London
Case Study – Yas Marina
We grew annual occupancy from 13% to 87% in under 3 years and hosted five F1 Grand Prix events